“TVO” is the service provider of Mathify on behalf of Ontario’s Ministry of Education.
"Account" refers to the account that will be set up for each User to enable him or her to access the Service. Each User will be prompted to select and remember a password and a username in order to activate the Account. Users are entirely responsible for all activities that occur through use of their Accounts. Accounts are not transferable, and passwords and usernames should be kept confidential.
USE OF SITE AND SERVICE
TVO may block, suspend, disable or terminate an Account and terminate and prevent further access rights to the Service if:
- Students harass, insult, swear at or be rude to the tutors or any TVO staff with whom they have written or spoken contact. Any student using inappropriate language or graphics in the Tutor Chat Rooms will be barred from using the Tutor Chat Rooms again;
- Usernames and/or content contain language deemed by TVO to be profane, defamatory, obscene, lewd, indecent, sexually-explicit, lascivious, violent, threatening, harassing, abusive or hateful, or otherwise inappropriate and objectionable;
- Registration forms contain incomplete and/or inaccurate information;
- Passwords or user names are disclosed to non-registered students;
- Use of the Site and/or Service violates local, provincial or national laws
SUBMISSIONS, COMMENTS AND FEEDBACK
All questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, concepts, techniques, data, materials or information ("Feedback") furnished by users is deemed non-confidential and shall not give rise to any obligation on the part of TVO. TVO may reproduce, perform, use, disclose, exhibit, display, transform, create derivative works from, and/or distribute any Feedback and may use any ideas, concepts, know-how, data or techniques contained in such Feedback for any purpose whatsoever, which may include but is not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products that incorporate such ideas, concepts, know-how, data or techniques, and this without incurring any obligation, including but not limited to an obligation to attribution, toward the user providing such Feedback. The use and distribution of any Feedback in a public manner shall not identify any individual User.
Linking to Mathify Help
TVO permits linking to this Site provided that third party sites do not:
- Replicate content contained in this Site;
- Create a frames or border environment or browser around content contained in this Site;
- Contain false or misleading information regarding TVO's products or services, misrepresent its relationship with TVO or Mathify, or imply that TVO endorses or sponsors the linker or the linker's products or services;
- Use logos, trade-marks, official marks, or trade names and other intellectual property belonging to TVO without prior written permission from TVO;
- Contain content that could be construed as obscene, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, or inappropriate for all ages;
- Contain materials that would violate any laws.
OWNERSHIP AND SITE CONTENT
TVO either owns or has rights to the content (the “Content”) contained on this Site (including all text, images, photographs, illustrations, art work, graphics, audio and video clips,and computer software).
This Site is subject to intellectual property laws. Any copying, reproducing, altering, modifying, public performing or displaying, uploading, posting or transmitting of Content, other than as permitted herein or permitted by law, is strictly prohibited. Any contravention will be subject to appropriate legal action.
Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
TVO does not warrant that the functions and/or materials contained on this Site shall be error-free or uninterrupted,or that defects will be corrected. As such, TVO assumes no liability for any loss, damage, injury or problems sustained by you or your computer that may arise from your use of this Site and/or your reliance of the content on the Site.
You indemnify, fully discharge and forever hold TVO, its directors, officers, employees and agents harmless for (a) your breaches of the terms and conditions contained herein, (b) your violations of the law or illegal conduct as manifested by your of this Site, (c) your access or inability to access this Site or the entirety of its features, (d) any loss of data you may sustain as a result of your accessing this Site, and/or (e) your reliance on any Content contained herein. By using the Site you agree that TVO shall not be liable for any damages, including but not limited to, direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary or consequential arising out of your use of the Site.
JURISDICTION AND GOVERNING LAW
This Site is operated and administered from TVO’s offices in Ontario, Canada on behalf of Ontario’s Ministry of Education. TVO makes no representations and disclaims any responsibility with regard to the availability or fitness of the Site and its contents for use outside of Canada. Users accessing the Site outside of Canada do so at their own risk and are responsible for compliance with their local laws as applicable.
If you have any questions about this agreement, contact us and we'll try our best to answer your questions.